I am a second year post-graduate student of linguistics in the Department of Linguistics of The University of Chicago. I am interested in model-theoretic semantics and its interfaces, especially with syntax (formal grammars). I am interested in applying techniques from mathematics (algebra & logic) and computer science (algorithmic & statistical machine learning) to problems of language modeling.
Areas of interest
- compositional semantics: connectives, NPIs, quantifiers, temporality
- syntax: ellipsis, binding theory
- syntax/semantics/phonetics: focus, suspended affixation
Languages I work on: Albanian, Turkish, Modern Greek, Aromanian (Eastern-Romance, spoken in the Balkans).
- December 11, 2015: Organizing workshop on Nonveridical expressions and subjectivity in language, with Anastasia Giannakidou, Alda Mari and Malte Willer.
- April 21-23, 2016: Organizing CLS 52, the 52nd Annual meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society, with Jessica Kantarovich and Tran Truong. See the Call for papers and the relevant Linguist List announcement.
- Fall 2015: Elementary Logic [PHIL 20100/30000]; Instructor: Kevin Davey.