I am a second year post-graduate student of linguistics in the Department of Linguistics of The University of Chicago. I am interested in model-theoretic semantics and its interfaces, especially with syntax (formal grammars). I am interested in applying techniques from mathematics (algebra & logic) and computer science (algorithmic & statistical machine learning) to problems of language modeling.
Areas of interest
- compositional semantics: connectives, NPIs, quantifiers, temporality
- syntax: ellipsis, binding theory
- syntax/semantics/phonetics: focus, suspended affixation
Languages I work on: Albanian, Turkish, Modern Greek, Aromanian (Eastern-Romance, spoken in the Balkans).
- September 19, 2015: Gö-neg 2015, presenting "Before without after: (non)veridicality and disjunction" with Anastasia Giannakidou
- Fall 2015: Elementary Logic [PHIL 20100/30000]; Instructor: Kevin Davey.