I am in this group
- Journal Papers
- Nakamura Y, Iriarte-Diaz J, Arce-McShane F, Orsbon CP, Brown KA, Eastment M, Avivi-Arber L, Sessle BJ, Inoue M, Hatsopoulos NG, Ross CF, Takahashi K., "Sagittal plane kinematics of the jaw and hyolingual apparatus during swallowing in Macaca mulatta", Dysphagia. 2017 May 20. doi: 10.1007/s00455-017-9812-4.
- Kaiju T, Doi K, Yokota M, Watanabe K, Inoue M, Ando H, Takahashi K, Yoshida F, Hirata M, Suzuki T, "High Spatiotemporal resolution ECoG Recording of Somatosensory Evoked Potentials with Flexible Micro-Electrode Arrays", Front. Neural Circuits, 2017, 11:20. doi: 10.3389/fncir.2017.00020
- Takahashi K, Best MD, Huh, N, Brown KA, Tobaa AA, Hatsopoulos NG, "Encoding of both reaching and grasping kinematics in dorsal and ventral premotor cortices", Journal of Neuroscience, 15 February 2017, 37 (7) 1733-1746; doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1537-16.2016
- Peer reviewed conference papers
- Takahashi K. , Pesce L., Best M., Iriarte-Diaz J., Kim S.,
Coleman T.P., Hatsopoulos N.G., and Ross C.F., "Granger causality analysis of state dependent functional connectivity of neurons in orofacial motor cortex during chewing and swallowing", presented and won the best paper award at IEEE the 6th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems , Kobe, Hyogo, Japan Nov., 2012
- Takahashi K., Pesce L., Iriarte-Diaz J., Kim S.,
Coleman T.P., Hatsopoulos N.G., and Ross C.F., "Granger causality analysis of functional connectivity of spiking neurons in orofacial motor cortex during chewing and swallowing", presented at IEEE Conference Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, San Diego, CA., 2012
- Kim S., Takahashi K., Hatsopoulos N.G. and Coleman, T. , "Information transfer between neurons in the motor cortex triggered by visual cues",
IEEE EMBC, Boston, MA, 2011 Aug;2011:7278-81.
- Takahashi K., Massaquoi S.G., "Neuroengineering Model of human limb control - gainscheduled feedback control approach", 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans, LA., Dec., 2007
- Massaquoi, S.G., Jo, S. and Takahashi, K., "Cerebro-cerebellar implementation of gainscheduled feedback
control", 45th Annual Allerton Conference, Urbana-Champaign, IL 2007
- Conference talks/posters/abstracts
As a graduate student at MIT, I had TAed/been a recitation instructor for the following courses:
As a postdoc at U Chicago, I was an instructor for some lectures in the following course:
- ORGB 34800 - Evolutionary Biomechanics of Vertebrate Feeding Systems
- MIT EECS - Frederick C. Hennie III Teaching Award (2002)
- MIT EECS - Department Special Recognition Award (2005)
- University of Chicago finalist for Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award at the Scientific Interface (2009)
- Best paper award (and nominated for best application award) at IEEE International conference on Soft computing and Intelligent systems / International symposium on Advanced intelligent systems, Kobe, Japan (2012)
CV updated on 12/14/2012
Sometimes I wonder how brain controls movement and creativity like his...
If you go to Kyoto and want to have really good foods, you must go here:
you must go here !
The main page for personal home pages at
the University of Chicago
The University of Chicago main home page