7. Endogenous Matching, Underwriter Reputation, and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings (with Oktay Akkus and Tony Cookson) (.pdf)
6. Power to Choose: An Analysis of Consumer Inertia in the Residential Electricity Market (with Seyed Ali Madanizadeh and Steven L. Puller) (.pdf)
5. An Empirical Analysis of Systemic Risk in the Euro-zone, (.pdf) (with Pietro Bonaldi and Jakub Kastl).
4. Crisis Management: Analyzing Default Risk and Liquidity Demand during Financial Distress (with Jason Allen and Jakub Kastl) (.pdf)
3. The Role of Financial Players in Electricity Markets: An Empirical Analysis of MISO (.pdf) (with John Birge, Ignacia Mercadal, and Michael Pavlin).
2. Order Flow and the Formation of Dealer Bids in Treasury Auctions (.pdf) (with Samita Sareen).
1. Bidding Behavior in Divisible Good Auctions: Theory and Empirical Evidence from Turkish Treasury Auctions. (.pdf)
31. Advertising, Consumer Awareness, and Choice: Evidence from the U.S. Banking Industry (with Elisabeth Honka and Maria Ana Vitorino) (.pdf) , forthcoming, RAND Journal of Economics.
30. Deposit Competition and Financial Fragility: Evidence from the U.S. Banking Sector (with Mark Egan and Gregor Matvos) (.pdf) , forthcoming, American Economic Review.
29. Advertising and Competition in Privatized Social Security: The Case of Mexico (with Justine Hastings and Chad Syverson) (.pdf), forthcoming, Econometrica.
28. Search with Learning (with Babur de los Santos and Matthijs Wildenbeest) (.pdf) , forthcoming, JBES.
27. Determinants of Bank Mergers: A Revealed Preference Analysis, (.pdf) (with Tony Cookson and Oktay Akkus), forthcoming, Management Science. .
26. Trading experience modulates anterior insula to reduce the endowment effect (with Lester Tong, Karen Ye, Seda Ertac, John List and Howard Nusbaum) (e-pub), Proc. National Academy of Sciences , v.113(33), 2016, 9238-43.
25. Vertical Integration and Input Flows (with Enghin Atalay and Chad Syverson) (.pdf) American Economic Review , 104(4), 2014, 1120-48.
24. Indirect Costs of Financial Distress in Durable Goods Industries: The Case of Auto Manufacturers (.pdf) (with Chad Syverson, Gregor Matvos, and Sriram Venkataraman), Review of Financial Studies , 26(5), 2013, 1248-90.
23. The 2007 Subprime Market Crisis Through the Lens of European Central Bank Auctions for Short-Term Funds (.pdf) (with Nuno Cassola and Jakub Kastl), Econometrica , 81(4), 2013, 1309-45.
22.Valuing Dealers' Informational Advantage: A Study of Canadian Treasury Auctions (.pdf) (with Jakub Kastl), Econometrica , 80(6), 2012, 2511-42.
21. Testing models of consumer search using data on web browsing and purchasing behavior (.pdf) (with Babur De los Santos and Matthijs Wildenbeest), American Economic Review , 102(6), 2012, 2955-80.
20. Mental attributes and temporal brain dynamics during bargaining: EEG source localization and neuroinformatic mapping (with Burak Guclu, Seda Ertac and John List), Social Neuroscience , 7(2), 2012, 159-77.
19. Recent Progress in the Empirical Analysis of Multi-Unit Auctions (.pdf) , International Journal of Industrial Organization , v. 29, Issue 3 (EARIE 2010 Special Issue), May 2011, p. 345-349.
18. Is an Automaker's Road to Bankruptcy Paved with Customers' Beliefs? (.pdf) (with Gregor Matvos, Chaehee Shin, Chad Syverson, and Sriram Venkataraman), American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings , v.101(3), May 2011, p. 93-97.
17. On the Network Structure of Production (full-text) (with Enghin Atalay, James Roberts, and Chad Syverson) , Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences , v. 108, no.13, March 29, 2011 , p. 5199-5202.
16. Entry into Auctions: An Experimental Analysis (with Seda Ertac and James Roberts) (.pdf) , International Journal of Industrial Organization , v. 29, no. 2, March 2011, p. 168-178.
15. What Makes You Click? Mate Preferences in Online Dating (.pdf) (with Guenter Hitsch and Dan Ariely). Appendix (.pdf) , Quantitative Marketing and Economics, v. 8, no. 4, December 2010, p. 393-427. See also "Matching and Sorting in Online Dating" below.
14. Commentary: Do Bids Equal Values on eBay? (with Eric Nielsen), Marketing Science , v. 29, no. 6, November-December 2010, pp. 994-997.
13. Mechanism Choice and Strategic Bidding in Divisible Good Auctions: An Empirical Analysis of the Turkish Treasury Auction Market (.pdf) (with David McAdams), Journal of Political Economy , v. 188, no.5, October 2010, p. 833-865.
12. E-commerce and the Market Structure of Retail Industries (with Maris Goldmanis, Chad Syverson and Onsel Emre) (.pdf) Economic Journal , 120(545), June 2010.
11. Matching and Sorting in Online Dating (.pdf) (with Guenter Hitsch and Dan Ariely), American Economic Review , 100(1), March 2010.
10. Dynamics of Seller Reputation: Theory and Evidence from eBay (.pdf) (with Luis Cabral), Journal of Industrial Economics , 58(1), March 2010.
9. The Geography Trade on eBay and MercadoLibre (with Asis Martinez-Jerez and Jason Douglas) (.pdf) , American Economic Journal: Microeconomics , 1(1), February 2009, 53-74.
8. Understanding Strategic Models of Bidding in Deregulated Electricity Markets: A Case Study of ERCOT (.pdf) (with Steve Puller), RAND Journal of Economics 39(1): 86-114, Spring 2008. (Previously circulated as "Testing Strategic Models...")
7. On the Empirical Content of Quantal Response Equilibrium (.pdf) (with Philip Haile and Grigory Kosenok ), American Economic Review, March 2008, 98(1), 180-200.
6. Cementing Relationships: Vertical Integration, Foreclosure, Productivity, and Prices (.pdf) (with Chad Syverson), Journal of Political Economy , May 2007.
5. Are Structural Estimates of Auction Models Reasonable? Evidence from Experimental Data (.pdf) (with Patrick Bajari ), Journal of Political Economy , v. 113, Aug. 2005, 703-741.
4. Economic Insights from Internet Auctions (.pdf) (with Patrick Bajari), Journal of Economic Literature , v.42, June 2004, p. 457-486.
3. Product Differentiation, Search Costs and Competition in the Mutual Fund Industry: A Case Study of S&P 500 Index Funds (.pdf) (with Chad Syverson ), Quarterly Journal of Economics , v.119, May 2004, p.403-456.
2. Winner's Curse, Reserve Prices and Endogenous Entry: Empirical Insights from eBay (.pdf) (with Pat Bajari ) RAND Journal of Economics , Summer 2003, pp. 329-355. Hal Varian graciously mentioned this paper in his New York Times column .
1. Cyberspace Auctions and Pricing Issues: A Survey of Empirical Findings (.pdf) (with Pat Bajari), in the New Economy Handbook .